|RULES & POLICY|
|This is a rule for users that plan to contribute to the Pose Wiki. Please read this and other policies listed before editing. If you need more or wish to add or revise these rules, speak with an Admin.|
The Glossary serves to define all terminologies used in or throughout the series of Pose and functions to educate users and contributors of specific words and phrases that exist.
|0-9 • A • B • C • D • E • F • G • H • I • J • K • L • M • N • O • P • Q • R • S • T • U • V • W • X • Y • Z|
- AIDS (noun)(abbreivation) - acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- See also: HIV
- Ball (noun) - a social gathering for dancing
- Butch (adjective) - masculine, traits and qualities typically associated with men or the male form
- Cisgender (noun) - modern-day term; an individual whose gender identity is aligned with their assigned sex
- Drag (noun)(adjective) - slang term referring to individuals that presents in the opposite or gender-nonconforming way
- Drag queen (noun) - a man, usually homosexual, that dresses hyper-femininely
- Femme (adjective) - feminine, traits and qualities typically associated with women or the female form
- Gay (adjective) - homosexual, typically used to describe men who are romantically and/or sexually interested exclusively to other men.
- Hormone (noun) - a substance that engages with cells to perform a task; typically refers to a person's sex hormones
- House (noun) - a family or family lineage; a collection of disowned men and women from separate families that live amongst each other
- HIV (noun)(abbreivation) - human immunodeficiency virus
- Main article: HIV
- Mop (verb) - to shoplift, to obtain a piece of clothing, often for a ball
- Queen (noun) - a term used for women of higher hierarchy or for a homosexual man
- Queer (adjective) - formerly used prejoratively towards people with same-sex desires, a term that describes someone within a sexual or gender minority outside the upheld norms
- Read (verb) - to highlight or exaggerate flaws in a person
- Sex-reassignment surgery (noun) - a medical procedure in which patients undergo a sex change (also known as gender-reassignment surgery)
- Shade (verb) - developed from reading; works with a medium of backhanded compliments
- Straight (adjective) - heterosexual, describes men who are romantically and/or sexually interested exclusively to women or vice versa.
- Transsexual (adjective) - archaic term for "transgender"
- Transgender (adjective)(abr.: trans) - an individual whose gender identity is different from their assigned sex
- Vogue (verb) - a dance form developed by Willi Ninja
- Main article: Vogue
- Yas (exclamation) - emphatic yes
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.